Connect With Us!
- Urgent! Texas Shark Bill Going to Senate Vote. Contact Your Senators in Support
- Texas Shark Fin Bill Up For Vote 5/3. Contact Your House Member Today!
- Shark Steward’s Supports Maryland Banning Shark Fin Trade
- Urge Texas Legislators to Move Shark Bill Forward!
- Can shark conservation salvage the blue economy?
- Cambodia Calling: Don't be an idiot. Stop eating shark fins.
- New Caledonia joins other Polynesian Territories to Create Shark Sanctuary
- Costa Rican Coast Guard nabs shark-finning boat
- California Sevengill sharks sightings on rise by Citizen Scientists
- WildBlog - Stories of Wildlife Conservation Travel
- Questions on Shark Ecotourism
- Hammerhead sharks included in Appendix II of CITES
- Over 10,000 citizens from around the world support protection of hammerhead sharks in CITES.
- New Study Estimates World Shark Catch around 100 Million
- Operation Shark Fin targets illegal gill netting and long lines along lower coast
Author Archives: admin
The Texas Shark Fin Bill which has passed the House by a remarkable 2/3 vote, has passed through Committees and is going to the Senate as early as Monday May 20. We need your support now! This bill is threatened … Continue reading
The House Vote for HB 852, A Law to Ban the Sale, Transport and Trade of Shark Fin goes to a House Vote Friday May 3rd. Texas Residents- Please contact your representative below and urge them to vote yes on … Continue reading
Maryland General Assembly Passes Legislation Banning Shark Fin Trade Animal welfare and conservation groups urge Gov. O’Malley to sign bill into law Humane Society International, National Aquarium, National Wildlife Federation, Oceana The Humane Society of the United States, Humane Society … Continue reading
Shark Stewards & Friends: PLEASE HELP! We have been working for over 9 months to introduce and pass legislation to protect sharks in Texas. The Texas shark finning bill HB852 has passed through the House committee, but it is now … Continue reading
Sharks are worth much more swimming in the sea than in soup dishes – in Fiji, shark diving tourism is worth $42m per year, and in French Polynesia, lemon shark diving brings in $15.4m [AFP] Sharks are disappearing from our … Continue reading
2/26/2013 Media Contact David McGuire 415 350-3790 White sharks off California’s coast will receive additional protection beginning March 1, the date it becomes a candidate species under the California Endangered Species Act (CESA). In February 2013, the California Fish and … Continue reading
CCAD recommends including hammerhead sharks in Appendix II of CITES (January 29, 2013 – San José, Costa Rica) Scalloped Hammerhead Shark (Sphyrna lewini) Last Friday January 25, the Council of Ministers of the Central American Commission of Environment and … Continue reading
January 15, 2013 President James Kellogg and Members of the California Fish and Game Commission 1416 Ninth Street, Room 1320 Sacramento, CA 95814 RE: Support for advancing Northeastern Pacific population of White Sharks as a Candidate Species under the California … Continue reading
National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa: Expansion Now Official Reef Swains 2010 More than 150 species of coral are found in the newly expanded National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa A final rule that expands the boundaries of NOAA's Fagatele … Continue reading
Australia’s shark fin trade Briefing paper 10th November, 2012 By Australian Marine Conservation Society Background 1. Shark fin is traditionally used in shark fin soup, and served at formal occasions in Chinese culture to symbolise both the wealth of the … Continue reading