Learn About Sharks with Shark Stewards
Our Shark Watch Program includes school programs and public events. Shark Watch inspires youth ambassadors to collect data on shark observations, log the information onto our web site or App and share the word about sharks and rays in marine ecosystems.
We use social media to spread the word for sharks. Promoting the FIN Free campaign is critical to raising the general awareness on the plight of sharks. In addition to creating local Facebook pages, our ambassadors can use the Shark Stewards home and Facebook page to connect with people around the world. Promote our efforts on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites using hash tags #sharkstewards and links to shark fin news.
How can you help? Organize and grow our list of shark supporters and share the shark facts sheet.
- Host a party to Support Sharks
- Create a school shark club
- Fin Free Fridays- start a happy hour, book club, film screening or other get togethers
- Alternatives to Fins- hold a cooking party and make Faux shark fin soup
- Organize an athletic event like a run or ride, or sponsor an athlete to raise money for the cause
- Make a slide show or video and place on You Tube, Vimeo or other sites
- Table at events like fairs, community events, museums and aquariums