Shark Steward Memberships will spread the word and continue support for the shark FIN Free movement.
Examples of fundraising activities include:
- Host a shark party – Gather your friends and neighbors together to educate them about shark finning while providing some food bites. You can even make it a potluck! Screen the movie Sharks: Stewards of the Reef (This link provides a preview of the movie. To receive the full movie please contact David McGuire at [email protected]). Share the opportunity to make your state FIN free by signing petitions, becoming a Shark Steward, or donating to the cause.
- Host an athletic event (ie. "Run for the Sharks") or sponsor a shark athlete for an athletic event.
- Provide a silent auction item at an event which allows people to donate to Shark Stewards.
- Solicit individual support, or ask your employer to start an employee matching program at your place of employment.
- Table at community events
- Hold a play or music performance
- Solicit direct donations
Supporting Sharks through tax deductible donation will allow us to support the international cause and continue fighting for sharks. A portion of proceeds will go to materials to support the chapter movements.