- This event has passed.
Sharktober Events Schedule
September 23 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm
First initiated to promote the successful California Shark Fin Trade Bill in 2009, Shark Stewards created these events to celebrate sharks in San Francisco and educate our community about the importance of sharks to our oceans. These fun, family friendly and educational events support shark conservation initiatives from overfishing to shark fin trade bans.
Join Shark Stewards for our annual series of talks, films, activities with our partners, friends and shark volunteers! Join Us on an Expedition
SHARKTOBERFEST at the SANCTUARY
- September 28 11AM-4PM Sharktoberfest celebration with the Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary. Shark education activities, shark talks, live music, costume contest, food, drink and fun. 991 Marine Drive, The Presidio, San Francisco
SHARKTOBERFEST at the CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
- October 2nd Sanctuary and Sharks Reception Our launch of an exhibit on sharks and habitat from San Francisco to the South Pacific by Shark Stewards, Tandem Stills and Motion with contributions by Laura Wais. Reception Canessa Gallery 7-10 PM 708 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111. Show runs through October 26 Drinks, film and social at reception. Donation requested.
- October 3rd Sharktoberfest celebration with the California Academy of Sciences. Sneak preview of the film Hidden Pacific with filmmaker Ian Shive in the planetarium. Shark science and fun. Panel Reefs of Hope moderated by Shark Stewards David McGuire in Africa Hall. Visit our table and participate in our shark activity near the T rex at the main entrance.
RUN 4 SHARKS
- October 5 2nd Annual 5k & 1 Mile Run 4 Sharks & Ocean Protection IN SUPPORT of SHARK STEWARDS When: Saturday October 5th, 9am Run4Sharks 5k & 1 mile Fun Run… Read more and run!
- October 8th. 600- 8PM Sharkwater Extinction. Screening- Sharktober Film Night at University of San Francisco. Free to faculty, staff and students. 5$ donation requested from general public 251 McClaren Hall. ADVANCE TICKETS
- October 12 Wildlife Conservation Expo
10am to 6pm
Mission Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, CA
- October 13-17 Guadalupe White Shark Expedition
Join Shark Steward’s Director David McGuire October 13-17 on a unique education, photographic opportunity and the shark adventure of a lifetime. Talks, films and hands-on activities will make this trip unique, but it is the white sharks that steal the show!
- October 19 Sharktoberfest SCUBA Blue Endeavours SCUBA Film, fun, raffle and beer! 2219-A South Shore Center, Unit 215 Alameda, CA 94501 USA
- October 22nd White Sharks, Encounters and Risk San Mateo Surfrider Chapter Half Moon Bay Yacht Club 630-930
- October 25 Science at Cal– Public Event Central Lobby Valley Life Sciences Building, University California Berkeley
- October 29 . Diving With Sharks– Adventures from Timor Leste Bamboo Reef SCUBA. 584 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
- October 30. Sharktober at Patagonia Adventures in a Paradise Nearly Lost . A film and talk on SCUBA explorations and adventures in Indonesia and Timor Leste 770 North Point San Francisco 7-10PM
September- November Farallon Island Expeditions
Through November . Book your passage to the Farallon Islands Sundays through Nov 2 to see whales, seabirds and maybe a great white shark!
Contact us for more information, press or how you can help.
One third of pelagic sharks are threatened with extinction.
Help us Save Them before it’s too late.
Please join us saving sharks, volunteering or donate to support Shark Stewards at www.sharkstewards.org