How to Help Save Sharks
How Can I help save sharks and the Ocean?
- Volunteer! email our Volunteer Coordinator. Currents Needs: Event Planner and Coordinator, Web Content provider, Development Coordinator, Fundraiser, Grant Writer.
- Support our petition to the US Congress in support of the Federal Shark Fin Trade Elimination Act and make all sales and trade illegal in the USA. Sign here.
- Join our State Shark Fin Campaigns, including helping evaluate shark fin sales and consumption where you live. Help collect information and record shark fin sales in your area.
- Join our Golden Gate Marine Protected Area Collaborative and support our local MPAs as an MPA Ambassador.
- Join our Beach Clean Ups at Aquatic Park and support our No Butts in the Bay Campaign;
- Participate in our MPA Bio-Blitz days on the California Coast
- Adopt a Shark and help us restore reefs and reintroduce sharks in Malaysia.
- Volunteer at one of our Sharktober or other community events.
- Buy and sport our Shark Stewards Swag including hoodys, hats and T shirts.
- Hold a fund raiser, a house party, a fun run, a film event or support our Campaigns by making a tax-deductible donation.
- Start a Shark Stewards Chapter and educate your community. Contact us for guidelines and materials.
- Download the Shark Watch App on iNaturalist and add your observations of sharks and rays (worldwide)
- Share our message on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked in, Snap Chat and other social media.
- Make a short film, podcast, write an article and share shark Steward’s message to save sharks.
- Contact us and join the team!