Celebrate the Earth, Celebrate the Ocean
Its shark pupping season in the Bay. Our Shark Watch campaign has been fishing local piers and adding to our iNaturalist data base. An unfortunate die off event occurred this month killing scores of leopard sharks and rays at Berkeley Aquatic Park (reported by the PSRF). While the cause is being investigated we will be monitoring the situation, and are asking volunteers to report observations. Want to join us collecting live and dead shark observations?
Learn more, or donate to support our work.
In this Newsletter
Earth Day at USF, Pacifica Ecofest & Beach Clean Up
No Butts in the Bay Beach Clean Ups and Campaign
Dive With Sharks Dive with Guadalupe White Sharks & Farallon Expeditions
Shark Swag- check out our new Ts and Beanies
Upcoming Events and Shark Adventures
- Earth Day at University of San Francisco, join us and motivate students for sharks 2130 Fulton Street 11:00-2:00PM
- Ecofest with Pacifica Beach Coalition Pitch in, join a clean up with the PBC and join us at our booth at Lindamar Beach for this fun event. April 23 11:00 AM-2:30 PM
- No Butts in the Bay With over 10,000 butts recovered the Aquatic Park Clean Up campaign is partnering with National Parks Service to steward our local waterfront park. The Hold Onto Your Butts Coalition is expanding and we are launching a waterfront campaign to stop butt waste from entering the Bay. Join us in our bimonthly Beach Cleanups and the City-wide campaign to stop 3 billion butts from hitting the Bay. Sunday April 24 10:00AM
- Dive with White Sharks August 26, Guadalupe Island Great White Expedition with Shark Stewards. Contact for information on this unique 5 Day shark viewing and photo conservation adventure!
- Sharktober Farallon Island Expeditions, scheduling now for our fall wildlife trips.
- Shark Swag- new shirts and beanies with our logo.